Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 - A Lovely Year of Finishes - January Goal

I have deemed 2013 the year of finishing things!  I need to finish up (loads!) languishing projects and do a better job of not procrastinating.  I do think that cutting back on my sewing obligations will help although I need to do 3-4 quilts and 12 bee blocks this month!  This being said, when I saw the Lovely Year of Finishes that Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs put together I knew I needed to join in.

A Lovely Year of Finishes

My January project is to take this pretty stack of fabrics and finish making them into a Swoon quilt!  It must be finished  (quilted, bound etc) by the beginning of February so this is the perfect kick in the butt to get it done a week early!






So far I have the whole top cut out, one block pieced, and the remaining eight are partially chain-pieced together.  I already have my backing fabric too so I just need to get it done!

Linking up at the Goal Setting Party!

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see that all together in your swoon quilt, the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have full faith in you completing your quilt. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous fabrics!! I can't wait to see it all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely stack of fabrics. Good luck in finishing your swoon quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like there are a lot of us aiming to get rid of our UFOs and WIPs this year! Looking forward to seeing the Swoon quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot! Sounds like your year is off to a rockin' start! I'm excited to see the finished swoon quilt - the stack of fabrics you chose is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to see Swoon with those fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful fabrics, can't wait to see the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are going to make an amazing quilt. I look forward to seeing your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, that stack will make the loveliest Swoon! I cant wait to see it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!